viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

TRENDS & SOME VEGAN LESSONS


I've heard that there are now so called habits that people are starting to consider as trends, for instance, global warming and so on. Being green is mainly a decision, personally I don't consider it a trend, but just a better way to live I guess. The fact that maybe the world is dying (I said maybe because there are other people who believe it isn't) it encourages the rest of us to do something about it.

There was one time I was talking to a friend of mine, and he told me that he thinks everything about being green is a trend now, being vegetarian, budhism's lessons, being a "hippie".

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this entry, though it is related. The past months I've been trying to cut some bad habits, like drinking to much soda, being on Facebook (even though I'm not a Facebook junkie), relate more with my family, do some excercise... Well, the list goes on.

I have to admit that with the first one, cut the soda and caffeine drinks, has been pretty easy, guess I'm not that addicted to them. Now I gotta say that I'm facing a challenge: Become a vegetarian.

In fact, to be precise it would be lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Mainly the reason that motivates me to do it is to prevent the suffering from the animals, and also that is a good diet that brings a lot of benefits. The hard part I think it would be quitting chicken, that is my only weakness, besides Taco Bell.

So here it is, my new statement of life:

Cut the things that at any point may damage at some degree your life.

I'm proud to say that these last couple of days I have not taken a single drop of Coke or Sprite. I think the only exception I'm going to make is the Cherry Coke, it would be every once in a while.

Hope it helps someone! Comments are welcome if any of you have any suggestion on how to start this diet.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Busca en este blog