domingo, 12 de julio de 2009

Mignight Word Snack


It´s 11:59 PM. and to be honest, i´m still wandering on the cyber space, looking for something, don't know exactly what it is. It is the first entry i write in english, so let's talk about something everybody wants to hear, or at least me, and that is: trends.

Trends, fashion...those are words i simply cannot understand. It is funny how something just becomes "in" and suddenly you see it everywhere. Like today, for instance, i was "windoshopping" with some friend, when she said to go and see clothes to this store, i literally stopped at the entrance shocked. Why was that? A few weeks ago i was having this... urge (dont know how to call it) to have a checkered button shirt that it seemed i couldnt find anywhere; now suddenly it seems that every store has millions of it, it was like they were prepared to dress an entire army of robots.


It is true, that sometimes i can be harsh or become very critical , even judgemental; but i can't seem to understand how someone can be totally obsessed with brands. This is a shocking confession coming from a graphic designer, i know. In some way, i think merchandising, even sometimes advertising, are doing a very good job selling things to people who actually don't need them. I am aware it is part of my job, but it isn't our duty to recognize what worths and what doesnt?

What i'm trying to say is that possesions, clothes, money...are just ephemeral things, we don't need them to be happy, to feel satisfied with life. In the case of money, as sad as it may sound, we need it; the difference here is we need in order to survive this world.

I want to almost end this entry by recommending reading anything (books, articles, blogs, etc, etc) about Budhism. Personally, even though i am catholic, i agree with what they say about life, after lives and how to make it to the Nirvana. I really admire these people, because they have a deep respect for life, and by saying life means every living creature that exists. They have lost any atachment to material wealth and are pure minded. Budhism is something my mother somehow all my life has taught me. In every way, every day I wake up i try to imitate what these people do. It is not about achieving perfection, that doesn´t even exist, is about finding peace in yourself and in what you do.


(the picture above is one of my acrylic paintings, called "Dying Tree". If you want to see more of my work you can go to my DA... the link is displayed in some other part of my blog)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Busca en este blog